Friday, September 7, 2012

Turning into a 50's wife/mom

        So, as promised(via my personal Facebook page), I am posting a recipe today. Chili to be exact! It is to go along with my new apron that I won from PBKW Aprons' Facebook page. I love it! It is absolutely adorable. Now all I need is an amazing 50's/vintage style dress, some heels, and a martini to go along with it! hehe I could totally be a 50's wife/mom if only I had the right attire. Hmmm, something to talk the Hubs into perhaps? I think yes. =)

        Be sure to go check out either PBKW Aprons' Facebook page or her etsy page(linked above). She has adorable aprons. And she can do just about whatever theme/color combo you want! I told her "Patriotic and blue" and got this! I was so excited to get it in the mail yesterday.

Anywho, here it is. My adorable apron.
 
And now, what you've all been waiting for....the recipe! I originally got the recipe from my wonderful Dad. I'm not sure where he got it or if he came up with it all on his own. Knowing that man, you just never know hehe. I am going to post it here but it can also be found on my recipe's page HERE.
 
        It is seriously delicious. Don't let the appearance fool you. I thought that it looked like spaghetti sauce after it was finished. But one bite and we were all hooked! It even won the chili cookoff that the Hubs' shop had a year or two ago! It is to die for with some cheese and sour cream on top. Mmmm, I might just have to make it again soon! Good thing the weather is starting to turn cooler so that recipes like this will be made more often. Enjoy =)
 
 

 
No-Bean Chili
**Sorry, no picture at the moment**
****Thanks Dad for the recipe =) ****

3 lbs Ground meat lean
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tsp ginger
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 small can of tomato paste
1/2 cup boiling water
1 large tomato diced
4 ounce can of V8 juice
1 cup of onion diced
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dried mustard
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large can tomato sauce
1/2 can of beer(or water)
1 jalapeno
4 tablespoons olive oil

Cook meat in a large pot and chop it with spoon or spatula until it is completely broken up. You don't want big chunks. Drain and remove. Saute onion and garlic in the left over oil from the meat. Add all of the spices. Pour in enough olive oil to make the mixture wet. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on med low heat to get the spices roasted. Add beef, all wet ingredients, and the whole jalapeno. Cover and bring to a simmer for about 1 hour. Chili will be thick at first. After 45 minute to an hour you can add more beer if it needs more liquid. Remove jalapeno before serving.

You can also add a little Valinteno's hot sauce to bring up the heat. Don't use Frank, Tobasco or Louisianna hot sauce. Those have too much vinegar.

NOTE: I mix all the spices together in a small bowl before putting it into the pot. That way it can all go in at once instead of having to measure each one out and worrying about any of it burning. I also cut slits in the jalapeno before putting it in to get more flavor and heat from it instead of adding hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment