Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adventures in Mommyhood - 1st Edition


        This week has been...interesting. And not in a bad way. Or at least not all of it. Daniel (left side of picture/my 2 year old) is now almost completely potty trained! And I couldn't be more proud. He started this whole thing off on his own. He just up and decided he wanted to start going in the potty one day. Well a few days ago he started wanting to do it on his own and now he hasn't had any accidents today! He just goes to the bathroom, turns on the light, gets on the toilet, pees/poos, flushes, closes the lid, turns off the light, and shuts the door! He still doesn't tell me if he pooped or not, so have to check and see if he needs his rear end wiped. But hey, I'm calling it good! Hehe and if the expression on his face in the picture above doesn't say "2 yr old", I don't know what does.

        Now Gabriel(right of picture/my almost 3 month old) is such a little ham. He is such a little stinker. He loves the ceiling fans, camera, and kisses. He laughs and smiles at them all. Poor thing is losing his hair though, just like mommy haha. It's all over but especially the front left of his head. It's too cute. He has this one spot that looks like he's balding and the rest is long hair that sticks straight up. The little turkey also loves water. He loves to shower with me and take baths in his tubby. He even fell asleep in his tubby the other night! He was so upset but as soon as he touched the warm water he started dozing off.

        They are both such blessings and I couldn't be happier. Sure there are moments that make me want to pull my hair out. But the good moments far out weigh the rough ones. And hey, they are humans and have bad moments and bad days just like everyone else. It just comes along with the "job" and I wouldn't trade it for the world. This is what I was born to do. I can't decide what I would want to go to college for, never been able to "nail" something down. But this, I've never had a moments doubt about wanting to be a wife and mommy. I had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that I was going to be a mommy to two. I had a lot of guilt while pregnant with Gabriel. But, he's my Mini Monkey and I love him so very much. I love all 3 of my guys with all of my heart and am so very happy that I get to grow old with my husband and watch my sweet baby boys turn into big boys and eventually men.

No comments:

Post a Comment