Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekly Review #2

       
        This little bad boy was greatly needed today. For those of you who love Blue Bell Ice Cream, but can't get it. This is the next best thing!! It tastes almost exactly like Blue Bell's Dutch Chocolate and is nice and thick and creamy like Blue Bell. Their vanilla flavor tastes just like Blue Bell's vanilla bean. Needless to say, I was on cloud nine when I found these at the commissary on base! Anywho, on with the reviews!


        So, this week I won't ramble on about 15 different things. Yay you! Here is a list of this weeks reviews(Don't forget to click on the links to go to the original posting to find the recipe!):
  1. Spicy Fall Sugar Scrub
  2. Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
  3. Plum Freezer Jam
  4. Wreaths

        1) This is what I've been calling Spicy Fall Sugar Scrub. Because that is exactly what it reminds me of. It smells just like you are making a pumpkin pie or something. Minus the pumpkin of course. It is so relaxing. And it works so well. The sugar ends up makes a sort of a gel like layer that makes your skin extra soft. And the sugar scrubs away the dead skin. Which is a wonderful way to get even softer skin. It was super easy to make and even easier to use! I already had everything in my kitchen, so I'd call that super cheap! I highly recommend making this one.

        2) So, I don't have a picture of the Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken. But it was pretty dang good! The Greek yogurt and Ranch dressing mix gave it this sort of tang. I added some shredded cheddar cheese to it and it made it even better! It only took a few ingredients, some of which you could very well already have. And it didn't take long to make, which made it even nicer. I highly recommend trying it at least once just to see what you think.


       
















        3) Sweet, kinda tart, and going to be oh so delicious! Plum Freezer Jam was very easy to make. It required some cooking, some patience, and will require even more patience while it sets. But, it was on the cheaper side and the instructions were very well written and helpful. And most importantly easy to follow. I will admit to saving a spoonful after I poured it into the mason jars. And it was a wonderful sweet and tart all at once. I can't wait to make some biscuits and put some on. Or maybe even a PB&J! Going to be oh so yummy. You should definitely give this one a go!




















        4) So easy to make! It took a little bit of extra cash because I didn't have the glue gun, glue sticks, etc. All I had was the slipper on the left and ornaments for the one on the right. But, I am so happy I did it! It took all of about 15 min to make one. And honestly the hardest part was figuring out how I wanted to set everything up on them. I can't wait to make another one! Might do a USA one next!


        See, wasn't that nice? Just a few quick reviews and we were done hehe. Next week I'll actually have the roasted cabbage. I still haven't made it yet. And who knows what other goodies I might have to show you!


No comments:

Post a Comment